JOAN OF ARC MUSEUM
The Museum
          
         
         
The 30th May 1431, Joan of Arc was burnt at Place du Vieux Marche in Rouen. 30 meters from the spot, the Joan of Arc museum has been open for 40 years.

In a roman style cellar, which displays the times of Jan of Arc, areassembled models of the castle and the old market place of 1431 in drawing, books, with an example of a suit of armour and the standard devoted to the heroine, stamps and historical relics which have been updated these last few years. Climbing up from the basement, which has the astmosphere of a crypt, the visitors re-live, from Domremy to Rouen , The life of Joan of Arc in the waxwork gallery which includes about 50 characters of striking reality.

CORNEILLE, FLAUBERT, BOIELDIEU, all born in Rouen, are also part of this gallery

Open all year round
commentary in French, English, German and Italian

         
Home Next 

  The Museum -  The visits  
Home : Joan of Arc  -   Hundred Years war  -  The Museum - The Visits   -  Questionnaire 
 
Other Sites - Phototheque - Movies -